We're not your typical accountants, our team reflect that.
We have big ambitions, we are always keen to heard from talented individuals who share our passion for providing first class service and solutions to our clients.
If you think you've got the skills, enthusiasm and have what it takes to join our team, we would like to hear from you.
We give all our full time staff 23 days holiday per year plus statutory and a Death in Service plan. The company contributory pension contributions, 3% EE and 3% ER minimal.
Our vacancies are listed below, if non of these suit you, e-mail us on email@example.com with your details and CV, along with a summary of what makes you stand out from the crowd and we'll be in touch as soon as a suitable opportunity comes up.
Our client is a family business founded in 2004. They are a successful franchise business, operating 32 Coffee stores, 2 fast food chains this month, they have opened their first bakery store, with ambitious expansion plans for the future. Since 2004 they have continued to grow now employ in excess of 300 people with an annual turnover circa £14m.
Working alongside the Financial Controller you will be involved in all aspects of accountancy and finance, providing accurate and timely management accounts information to support the senior management team. You will also be part of a small finance team therefore the need to be a team player is important.
• Company Directors and Regional Managers
• Central team
• Store Managers and store teams
• Third party suppliers
• Preparation and analysis of period-end management accounts to a strict timetable and providing review points for management meetings.
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that any variances are investigated and resolved.
• Daily checking and monitoring of stores cash, ensuring correctly accounted. Discrepancies promptly investigated and actioned.
• Purchase Ledger - purchase invoices and credit notes correctly coded, authorised, paid and reconciled to supplier statements. Liaise with suppliers to resolve any queries.
• Accounting - prepare, check and post journals to Nominal Ledger to record expenses, income, assets and liabilities in our accounting package.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of Bank, Pensions liability, Wages Payable, PAYE and NIC liability, Purchase Ledger and other accounts investigations and correct any differences.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and reconcile to the General Ledger.
• Preparation of budgets by store and consolidating by company.
• Planning and carrying out internal store audits to ensure compliance with company procedures. Provide training where necessary.
• Assisting in preparation of year end audits.
• Identifying and investigating variances in budget targets versus actuals.
• Work closely with the company external auditors.
Qualifications and Skills
• Part or fully qualified, preferably CIMA
• Management Accounting experience minimum of 2 years
• Excellent IT Literacy, especially strong in Microsoft Office packages
• Strong numeracy skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Excellent attention to detail
• Personable, presentable and articulate
• Ability to develop good relationships and strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and is used to working to deadlines
• Ability to work independently, on own initiative
• Good organisational skills, ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload to deadlines
• Demonstrable ability to take initiative and deliver changes to improve systems and processes
• A professional attitude in dealing with staff and suppliers
• Demonstrating a commitment to our values and contribute positively to the company culture
Competitive salary dependant on experience
25 days annual leave + statutory days
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Covering Letter.